How to Complete a Behavior Support Plan?
1. Go to a person’s echart and click on the Behavior Support Plan button. This will bring up a list of all the BSP’s on file for the person, and their status (Draft, Current, Past).
2: Click Start New BSP. You can enter the BSP date or you have the option to copy everything from the previous BSP by clicking “Clone Implemented BSP”.
3. In draft mode complete/update each section of the BSP, starting with the Appraisal and Assessment Summary section.
4. Click the next tab for Medical. This page lists all medical diagnoses listed in the person’s profile. You can check off a box to show that diagnosis on the BSP, and comment if you would like to add a comment about how the BSP addresses the diagnoses or impacts the person’s life.
5. Click Triggers and Warnings to simply add a list of triggers and warnings that are known to the person. Simply click Add and toggle between triggers and warnings to add both of these to your plan. Note: This will come in later allowing you to track which triggers and warnings were present for certain behaviors.
6. The next couple of sections are closely tied with the Services Screen on the eChart. In fact, the behavior and data you want to track about it, can be set up right in services like you set up other Care Tracker services. You will see new sections for Target Behavior, Adaptive Behavior, Proactive Strategies, and Reinforcement Strategies.
7. Enter each target behavior and if you want to set up data tracking, go into the detail view to the right. The blue pen will edit the information. Optional Here you can add a description of the behavior, and the expected outcomes.
8.Click Readings and Prompts to set up readings (ex. Frequency count) or prompts on a given outcome.
9. Next you can bring in the triggers and warnings you want staff to mark off when this behavior occurs.
10. Complete the when and how often section to indicate when data will be collected on the Care Tracker, and who will provide the service (example, DSP).
11. If you want staff to start collecting data, click Show on CareTracker to turn it on. Be sure to enter which funding streams this BSP is being implemented in, so data will become part of the service note for that particular service.
12. Repeat the same steps for Adaptive Behavior, Proactive Strategies, and Reinforcement Strategies.
13. Once you have entered all the narrative into your plan, and identified the data you’d like to capture, you can implement the BSP. To implement the BSP, click the green Implement BSP button. The Implemented Date is the date the BSP should go into effect. The BSP Target Date is usually a year from the Implementation Date - when the next BSP will be due.
14. Then you can click Generate BSP to generate a printable BSP document.
In order for staff to have access and work in this module you must allow them permission. System administrators must visit the permission settings and go to Clinical Services for all roles needing this functionality.
If you need any further assistance please reach out to us.
For more information please contact us at: