How to set permissions for the Training Management module?
As with all of our features in iCareManager, there is a very sophisticated permission set for our Training Management module. Only system admin level users have the ability to work in permission settings.
Let's take a look!
- From the main iCM dashboard click up by your name and then in the drop down scroll to Permission Setting.
- Once in this section you will see staff roles on the left. Select the staff role to begin and click on the blue edit pen.
- Once in edit mode use the drop down to select Staff Profile.
- In this section you will define what level of access each role will have.
- From here you would scroll down to find the staff trainings section. Here you can further define the level of access for DSP and all other staff. You will see self and others. For DSP staff you would select self (they could then register themselves). For manager, coordinator and HR levels you may give access for them to assist others (register others, cancel, etc).You then continue down this list making careful selections and keeping the staff role in mind.
- Once all selections are made make sure to scroll back to the top and select save.
There is one more permission set in reference to training.
- While still in permission setting you would scroll to find Training Management from the select feature tab.
- Is this view you can see as an example that DSP staff have the ability to view prerequisite training classes and view training materials.
- After making your selections don't forget to click on the save button.
As a general rule, if staff is saying they can't see a feature, it is usually due to a permission setting. On the opposite side of that would be for staff to see too much information. Permissions can be easily adjusted. If you have any questions or need further assistance please reach out to us and we would be glad to assist you.