Importing Staff data with file uploads?
iCareManager provides multiple ways to insert and update staff related data in the system.
You can manually manage the data where you can easily Add, Edit, Terminate, and Suspend staff. But if you have an HR system where you keep staff related data, then you can import this data via file uploads.
iCareManager also provides programmatic access to data (APIs) if file based uploading is not a desirable solution.
- To import staff data with a file, go to Staff list and then click on the Import Staff button
- This process can be used to Insert initial staff data as well as to Update existing data.
- The import process uses the Employee ID to determine if it is a New staff or an Update to an existing staff.
- Multiple imports of the same data are permissible where subsequent imports are treated like an update. Any changes in the data are reflected accordingly even if the imported field is blank. For example, if the initial import file had a HireDate of 2/2/20 for a staff member and a subsequent import file for the same staff had a different date of 2/5/20 then the hire date will be updated to 2/5/20. Similarly, if the import file had a blank HireDate then the date of 2/2/20 will be deleted.
- The only exception to this rule is the Role ID. System will import Role IDs from the import file and set them properly for each staff member, but if the Role ID is incorrect or null in an initial or a subsequent (update) import file, then there will be no effect on existing data.
- The format of the file MUST not be altered. If any columns are misspelled or missing then the import process will stop. Columns can be in any sequence as long as they are present in the file.
- EmployeeID: Staff ID from an external system — any alpha numeric characters with maximum of 5 characters. An empty or null value in this field will result in adding a new staff in the system.
- FirstName: Max 100 characters
- MiddleName: Max 100 characters
- LastName: Max 100 characters
- RoleID: iCM role ID of staff (available from iCM — this is not the role ID from the external system)
- Opt out
- DoB: any date in the format 1/2/1980
- Email: Max 50 alpha-numeric characters (email address of the staff)
- PhoneNumber: Max 50 alpha-numeric characters
- CellPhone: Max 50 alpha-numeric characters
- Address: Max 500 alpha-numeric characters
- AddressLine2: Max 500 alpha-numeric characters
- City: Max 50 alpha-numeric characters
- State: abbreviated state
- ZipCode: Max 50 alpha-numeric characters
- HireDate: any date in the format 1/2/1980
- SSN: Max 50 alpha-numeric characters (9 numbers in this format 123-45-6789)
- WageType: H for hourly, S for salaried
- Status: 1 for Active, 2 for Terminated, 3 for Suspended
- StatusDescription: Max 4000 alpha-numeric characters (comments for the Status)
- StatusDate: Date when the status changed; it can only be a current or a future date (no past dates)
- Department: custom format or scheme that allows iCM to uniquely identify the staff’s department
- JobCode: job codes should match with what’s in iCM
- Secondary JobCodes: should match with what’s in iCM; use comma as delimiter
- JotTitle: should match with what’s in iCM
- Supervisors: EmployeeIDs of supervisor; use pipe (‘|’) delimiter if more than one
For example: 123-N, 33 Jacob Street must be provided as 123-N\,\ 33 Jacob Street
If data in the required field is not in the correct format, or is empty/null then that particular record will not be imported.
- RoleID (can be provided in the import file or in the import settings for a default value)
Fields with warnings
- Secondary JobCodes
For more information please contact us at: